Hi, I am a third-year DPhil (PhD) student in the Torr Vision Group at the University of Oxford working under the supervision of Prof. Philip H. S. Torr. I am a Rhodes Scholar from Pakistan for 2016. Before joining Oxford, I worked as a software developer at Mentor Graphics for more than three years developing Mentor Embedded Hypervisor. Prior to that, I did my undergraduate in Electrical Engineering from the University of Engineering and Technology, Lahore where I graduated at the top of my class.
I am exploring the use of Deep Learning in solving vision. My goal is to design agents that can learn continually over an indefinite period of time. To achieve this continual/ life-long learning type of a scenario, I am trying to solve catastrophic forgetting in neural nets these days.
When I am not in my lab, I can be seen riding my bicycle in the lamplit Oxford alleys.
- 01 March, 2019: We put a new work Continual Learning with Tiny Episodic Memories on arXiv. The code is here.
- 09 January, 2019: We released the Code for Efficient Lifelong Learning with A-GEM.
- 21 December, 2018: Efficient Lifelong Learning with A-GEM has been accepted to ICLR, 2019.
- 01 December, 2018: Shorter version of A-GEM accepted at Continual Learning worksop at NeurIPS, 2018.
- 01 October, 2018: Started as a visiting researcher at Facebook AI Research (FAIR), London.
- 21 September, 2018: Spent a lovely summer at FAIR, Menlo Park working with Marc'aurelio Ranzato, Marcus Rohrbach and Mohamed Elhoseiny on efficient lifelong learning.
- 03 July, 2018: Our paper (Riemannian Walk for Incremental Learning: Understanding Forgetting and Intransigence) has been accepted to ECCV, 2018.
- 04 June, 2018: Started a research internship at the Facebook AI Research (FAIR) in Menlo Park. I am working with Marc'aurelio Ranzato, Marcus Rohrbach and Mohamed Elhoseiny on life-long learning in neural networks.
- 07 Septermber, 2017: BMVC talk on weakly-supervised semantic segmentation is available now.
- 21 July, 2017: Our paper on weakly-supervised semantic segmentation is accepted as an oral at BMVC, 2017.
- 03 July - 06 July, 2017: Attended a summer school organized by MSR Cambridge.
- 26 June - 01 July, 2017: Attended a summer school organized by MILA.
- 09 October, 2016: Started DPhil in Machine Learning and Computer Vision in Torr Vision Group at the University of Oxford.
- Visiting Researcher, Facebook AI Research (FAIR), London - Oct 2018 - Present
- Research Intern, Facebook AI Research (FAIR), Menlo Park - June-September, 2018
- Software Developer, Mentor Graphics, Lahore - 2013-2016